Personal Driver – Alterra –
Position Title: Personal Driver
Company Name: CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Reports To: Manager, Transportation
Locations of Work: Banff, Alberta, and Revelstoke, British Columbia
Employee Type: Casual, seasonal from late-November to late-April
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Number of Positions: 6
Date of Last Review: August 11, 2022
Desired Start Date: Mid-November 2022
With 50+ years of experience, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures has evolved into the world’s largest Heli-Skiing and Heli-Hiking company, operating 12 lodges in the winter and 3 in the summer throughout British Columbia, Canada. The business’s central office is in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures is privileged to operate in the traditional territories of the Ktunaxa, Secwépemc, Syilx, and Stoney Nakoda Nations.
The CMH Mission is to guide our staff and guests through life changing mountain experiences.
Our Vision is to be recognized as the world leader of guided mountain experiences – by our guests, our employees, our partners, and our communities.
- Safety as a cornerstone.
- Share our passion – every day.
- Always act with integrity.
- We work as a team.
- Aim for
- Balance our social, fiscal, and environmental responsibilities.
Personal Drivers are one of CMH’s first contact with guests while travelling from key meeting points to staging areas. We are searching for professional and friendly individuals to transport clients to their destinations.
To ensure success as a Personal Driver, candidates will possess outstanding communication and organizational abilities, as well as the ability to provide a safe and enjoyable guest experience.
The role of Personal Driver is a seasonal/casual position. This position calls for schedule flexibility throughout the operating season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fetching and welcoming clients at the beginning of their trip.
- Loading and unloading clients’ possessions, as required.
- Traveling via the most efficient routes, unless otherwise directed.
- Complying with road regulations, always.
- Engaging in conversation or playing music, if suitable.
- Ensuring that clients’ identities and conversations remain confidential.
- Apprising clients of local services that may be of use to them.
- Ensuring that the automobile remains clean and well maintained.
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License with a clear driving record.
- Experience as a tour guide or group leader, or equivalent experience in the service industry.
- Experience with high-end customer service.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualities
- Demonstrates integrity, discretion, and problem solving.
- Has clear attention-to-detail with a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to work long days and flexible to assist in other roles at the lodge, as needed.
- Able to communicate in an effective and timely manner, and openly receive and act on feedback.
- Able to work as a cohesive, high-functioning team to achieve goals.
- A passion for customer service excellence and providing a high-end guest experience.
- Take pride in hard work, strive for excellence, and anticipate guest needs.
- Proven ability to maintain professional working relationships with peers.
- Able to prioritize tasks in a complex and fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Trustworthy and self-directed in completing the core functions of the role.
- Sees tasks through to completion including follow-up on any identified issues.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment on a constant basis
- This position is required to work a variety of evenings, weekends and holidays based on the needs of the business. This role will also require early mornings and/or late evenings during operating season(s).
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
- CMH is committed to developing a rich culture, a diverse workforce, and a healthy work environment in which every employee is treated fairly and respected. Each employee will contribute to the company’s success while also having the opportunity to achieve their full potential as individuals.
Other Duties as Assigned
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of CMH, the responsibilities of this position may change, as may the details that are associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others.
A competitive hourly rate will be provided, along with 4% vacation pay and potential opportunities to heli-ski, as available. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical and dental benefit eligibility after 160 days worked.
**CMH is an equal opportunity employer**
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.