Mountain Adventure Guide – Seasonal – Full Time + Part Time – Alterra –
The Mountain Adventure Course Guides will contribute to the safe running of the Low Ropes and Climbing Wall activities. Guides will be well-versed in the proper use and fit of all equipment and will be required to articulate all park related rules and demonstrate proper use of all equipment to guests.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Hourly Wages: $17.00
- Your choice of Full Time or Part Time Hours
- Resort perks:
- Free Alterra Mountain Pass for employees; ski or ride for free at 14 Alterra owned destinations!
- Pass benefits for your family;
- Discounted recreation tickets you can share with your friends. Let them enjoy the zip lines, ropes courses and mountain coaster!
- Staff priced meals & Starbucks treats;
- Staff room rates at all our hotels;
- Retail savings at Burton, Columbia, North Face, Red Devil, Hillside, and more!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Mountain Adventure Guide
- Contributes to the safe running of the Zip Line, Canopy Climb, High Ropes and Climbing Wall attractions
- Conducts participant orientation, prescreen and waiver processes for guests
- Demonstrates the proper use of all attraction related equipment
- Directs the flow of participant traffic, ensures that guests adhere to safety rules
- Observes participant behavior; assesses/ enforces safety regulations and emergency procedures
- Maintains visual contact with participants; provides coaching, encouragement and support
- Assists in rescue efforts including verbal assist and possible evacuation
- Inspects attraction components and attraction gear daily; maintains inspection logs
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Prior High and Low Ropes guide/attendant experience would be an asset.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs an asset.
- Previous experience in a high volume fast paced environment is an asset
- Proven customer service experience and thrive working within a dynamic team environment
- Excellent leadership, coaching and facilitations skills required
- Previous recreational/resort experience and knowledge required
- Must be a professional, energetic, independent worker
- Must be able to reason and react with quick judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
- Able to work full and active days outside in the elements; must be physically able to navigate all attractions
- Flexible work schedule (must be able to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays)
BLUE MOUNTAIN RESORT COMPANY OVERVIEW
Blue Mountain, Ontario’s largest mountain resort is nestled on the shores of Georgian Bay, located 90 minutes north of Toronto. Blue Mountain has become the four-season destination of the North, visited by more than 1.5 million guests a year. Winter at the resort boasts 43 ski and snowboard trails enhanced by a world-class snowmaking system. Summer months offer Monterra Golf course, Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, Cascade Putting Course, Timber Challenge Ropes Course, Wind Rider Triple Zips and a private beach property among other seasonal attractions. Year-round the resort attracts visitors to more than 1,000 luxury accommodation units and 45 unique concept restaurants, bars and retail stores in our pedestrian Village. 53,000 square feet of state- of-the-art conference space caters year-round to corporate meeting groups. Blue Mountain is owned by Alterra Mountain Company and offers the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. Visit www.bluemountain.ca for more information.
ALTERRA COMPANY OVERVIEW
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation, offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate development, food and beverage, retail and service businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide helicopter support and maintenance service center in British Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
For more information, please visit www.alterramtnco.com.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.