Assistant Manager, Member Experience – Group Travel – AAA Western and Central New York – Williamsville
At AAA Western and Central New York, our Associates are committed to providing our members with a totally satisfying experience. Therefore, we seek Associates who are dedicated to this purpose, people who truly demonstrate compassion, empathy and unsurpassed service. These are the people that help us create a loyal membership base that strengthens our mission-to be our members’ most trusted provider of high quality automotive, travel, insurance and other relevant products and services that offer safety, security, peace of mind, value and convenience.
AAA Western and Central New York is regularly recognized as one of the best & healthiest places to work in the WNY & CNY area. In addition to a market competitive salary, Associates are eligible for a wide selection of benefits (dependent upon position) including:
- Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Potential for remote work & flexible work schedules
- Pre-Tax & Roth 401(k) plan with company match
- Health Spending Accounts with company contribution & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short-term & Long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement & company-paid training programs
- FREE AAA membership & travel / product discounts
40% Operations-Work with Group Travel Management to develop, implement, and manage a retail and affinity sales strategy to achieve individual and department sales goals. Oversee product coordination ensuring deadlines are met and payments facilitated. Facilitate P/L reporting on all departures. Conduct day to day supervisory operations such as payroll, accounting needs, and act as liaison to the Travel Services Support Team.
30% Sales and Revenue-Work closely with Group Travel Management and the Travel Marketing team to develop the department’s marketing plan annually in order to grow Group Travel Retail and Affinity productsincluding Solo Travelers Club, Horizon Club Tours, and AAA Retail Group Travel.
15% Leadership-Identify, recruit and retain top performing employees; manage non-performing employees in accordance with company policy. Manage with the intent to motivate, train and develop. Provide timely, constructive feedback regarding progress of work and performance. Make well informed decisions, demonstrate initiative, use sound judgment, exhibit autonomy, and execute.Tour Manager development and supervision (scheduling, timecards, expense reports, surveys, expectations). Train and develop associates and Travel Services Support advisors on department processes and procedures.
15% Relationship Building-Build constructive working relationships with members and associates by fostering a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Provide resolution for traveler, associate, and travel advisor concerns and ensure timely follow up is met. Report issues to Group Travel Management on areas of concern.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office products.
- Abilityto resolve problems and work under pressure to diffuse member concerns.
- Comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of travel industry including tour planning and group sales strategies.
- Strong listening, communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead and develop results-oriented team.
- Some travel required both domestically and internationally.
- Obtain and maintain required licenses or certifications including Travel Accident and Baggage Insurance.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.