Group Travel Specialist – Worthington – AAA Ohio Auto Club – Worthington
AAA Ohio Auto Club (OAC) is looking for a full-time Group Travel Specialist to join our team. You will be responsible for leading AAA group departures domestically and internationally. Cultivating a following of travelers to allow for development of new tour and cruise departures. Study and retain knowledge of destinations to enhance and develop tour experiences.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, and execute a minimum of 20 escorted groups per year.
- Available to travel extensively throughout the year (75-100 days a year touring) on AAA escorted tours and cruises developed by AAA Ohio Auto Club.
- Collaborate with Group Travel Coordinator to create internal guide for content and direction for marketing to complete consumer flyers, travel documents and all marketing related materials. Proof all final documents prior to releasing to agents.
- Create consumer presentations related to marketing efforts and present at various events to promote AAA escorted group travel.
- Review weekly/monthly audit and review of sales and inventory for assigned travel groups.
- Research destinations for group travel both currently planned groups and those in planning stage to provide a level of expertise while on tour.
- Manage and maintain the AAA Solo Travelers Club. Create newsletter, blog posts, and social media content. Lead solo meetings, coordinate dinners and activities for the club. Assist with content of the meetings and marketing the group to new prospects.
- Collaborate with the Travel Education Specialist to develop and maintain all current educational materials for OAC escorted tours and AAA store groups for AAA Travel Agents. Train and educate new group travel staff, new tour guides and contractors.
- Three (3) years of experience in the travel industry preferred.
- Tour Guide experience preferred.
- Creative thinker with the ability to make independent decisions. Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- In-depth travel knowledge with a desire to continue self-education and educate others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple deadline-oriented projects while simultaneously maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing industry and maintain composure during times of stress.
- Must be proficient computer skills and the ability to use standard office equipment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, preferred.
AAA Ohio Auto Club offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Company wellness program
- Competitive 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Life, AD&D and Disability insurances
- Free AAA membership
- Company discounts
- Professional development and paid training
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Founded in 1902, AAA is one of the world’s largest membership organizations and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the U.S. Come join our team of dynamic professionals and share in our mission of providing our members, customers, and employees with exceptional experiences every time!
- Pay Type Hourly
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.